Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Texas Vacation - Corpus Christi!

*Sigh* It was so wonderful to see the ocean again. We got to spend some time at the beach, Josh loved the water and Sophie did not because the "seaweed was disgusting." she said. haha

It was all good though because she quickly made a little friend to build sand castles with!
 While she played, we enjoyed all the different birds that came by to say hi.

A little hard to see here, but these were some pretty cool birds to watch! They were pelicans and it was so entertaining to watch them fish for their lunch. 

 Josh had a blast throwing seaweed, he was thoroughly entertained for quite some time!


 We even saw a human bird, lol
  After some time at the beach we checked in to our hotel and we were blessed with this lovely view!



Sher was up early while the rest of us snoozed away and he caught a photo of the sunrise.

On our second day we went to the Aquarium and then drove to Lake Mathis. Lake Mathis was my favorite place as a child, I hadn't been there since I was around 10 years old so I was so excited to see my special place again!

When we entered the grounds, I couldn't help but get teary eyed and I'm really looking forward to spending more time there again, hopefully soon!

I can't tell you how HAPPY I was to share this place with my husband and kids. It was wonderful!
Sophie promptly made friends with a cute and friendly duck that was there.


Joshie just wanted to dig into some snacks! This boy can eat!!
It was such a beautiful day and we stayed and had a nice bbq here before driving back to San Antonio. I wish I lived closer, I'd be here allll the time! :0)

Thank you for stopping by and letting me share a piece of our world with you!
God bless.

-Debra Lea


*

No comments: