Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chair Facelift

With Sophie's arrival getting closer everyday,
I've been trying to finish up some projects around here.

Remember these chairs I bought last year for $35.oo each?

Well, I FINALLY got around to re-upholstering them!

I actually started taking one of the chairs apart earlier this year,
but took forever to get the fabric off carefully to use the pieces 
 as patterns for the new fabric.

Taking the fabric off the second one was A LOT easier, haha.

So here we go, the before and after of my $35.oo chairs:

Front Before:

Front After:

Back Before:

Back After:

I am really happy with how they came out :0)
The wood design on the backs really pop now, and the lighter fabric brightens up 
my dark living room too!

I recently ordered 2 of these and they should be arriving tomorrow!


The bright pink totally doesn't go with what's going on in Sophie's room
so I will be recovering them in this outdoor fabric.


I can't wait to get these cute little chairs and recover them!
Hopefully since they are small the job will be done quicker!



2 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Debbie,
Is there anything you can't do???!!!! The chair looks so pretty!!! I really love the design on the back. Hope you are having a great week!
Lisa

Fallon said...

Nice! Those little chairs are adorable!