Friday, December 18, 2009

Our home, Ready for Christmas!

~Dessert Anyone?~


I have a little obsession with sweets.
The ceramic kind mostly..the biggest plus of this obsession
is that they have no impact on my waistline!

Here are a few photos of our home...
Most of my decorations are sweet related!

Here's the dining room:


Would you fancy anything from the dessert bar?





I actually made the little cakes you see on the top and bottom plates.
The tarts I bought.


I also made the topiary, 2 of them... each gumdrop is handmade!!


I also made the little gingerbread house you see in this picture.
I've always wanted to make one but can't stand that all the work will just be eaten away!
So..I made an everlasting gingerbread house out of mdf!


This is the new chandelier that we installed in the dining room,
covered in candies!



View from the kitchen:


In the kitchen I have a little tree standing in the corner.
I LOVE decorating this tree each year, all the ornaments bring
back so many memories..I made all the ornaments on the tree except for the little fruit tarts.
~I know, I'm crazy~
:0)

 I just adore the little cupcakes, cakes, ribbon candies and cookies so much!!
(you can enlarge the pictures by clicking on them)


~The Main Tree~


We always get a real tree for our main living room...
That smell is like no other!





We have this strange half wall on one side of the living room
(which drives me nuts), so we placed out tree in front of it with the village sitting behind it in
our "hall" way.



We love mixing colored and white lights.
Who says you have to choose anyway, right?

So across from the village is our bookshelf,
which I display one of my nativity sets in.


We have a few little hangings on the doors around our home,
these were made out of cardboard.



  Our entry:


Even our bedroom gets a little change,
Green toile instead of blue. I'd like to eventually add some more red into the mix
 during Christmas time. Perhaps candy cane striped sheets or something.
Maybe next year..


Well, there it is..our humble home.
I love Christmas decorations because they hide all the things
we still need to change! Taking the decorations down is sooo sad...
so I am trying to enjoy every second of it!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
God bless.

4 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Such a great collection!!! Your tree is very pretty too. I hope you have a very merry christmas!

Brabourne Farm said...

I love all your decorations - everything looks fabulous and so Christmassy. Leigh

Windlost said...

Dear Debbie, sorry I missed commenting on this as soon as it came up. I love all your decorations - just took a good look at everything. Your sweets collection brought a big smile to my face. I LOVE that you love ceramic sweets. That is so funny and cute and really made me smile - they are also very pretty and Christmas cheerful.

My favorite thing is your chadelier (LOVE) and I love the green plates around your mirror. Oh, and your tree is a great idea with the little display behind. Best use of odd spaces. Love the nativity collection - so nice to make use of shelves with some pretty stuff. Everything looks very inviting. Wish I could visit!!

P.S. Your little baked treats look yummy - are they MDF too? haha. I think my new diet calls for more MDF treats. ; )

xo Terri

marĂ­a cecilia said...

Debbie, your home is just lovely and cozy!!!