Tuesday, December 22, 2009

~My Favorite~

When it's time to pull out the Christmas decorations,
this is always my favorite set to run in to.

It is a nativity set I painted a few years ago.



After each piece was completed I wrote on the bottom what date it was
and the order in which I finished them.
I'm so glad I did this too!


I really admire these hand carved and hand painted Russian
nativity sets, but they can be a little pricey.
When I made this set we were just setting out and didn't have a lot of extra cash
to spend on decorations so I decided to try making my own version.

This is the original nativity set that inspired me to make mine.




It's so gorgeous.

For mine, I just found a pine board scrap that my dad had in the garage, and
traced out the drawings I had made on paper.
Sher then cut it out for me and I painted it!
I did a lot of the detail painting such as the dots using toothpicks.

Here are close ups, and what they look like on the back:




















Maybe someday I'll actually get the real set, but for now- I LOVE MINE!

I hope everyone has a really blessed and Merry Christmas!

No comments: