Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spring Wreath

I've had this photo of a wreath I loved in my files for a long time. 
I finally got around to making my own version! 

This was my inspiration photo.
I can't remember where I saw it, I save so many pics in my files
that I just can't remember!


It's so perfect for springtime and it's been feeling a lot like spring around here!

So, to get started I made some little eggs out of my favorite clay:

I let them air dry and then painted them with acrylic paints. 
I bought a floral stem and  nest at the craft store and just added some feathers to the nest.

Glued my nest in place, stuck the flowers all around and; Voila!
Here's my version of the wreath:


I really like the way it came out, and the little eggs are my favorite part!
:0)

2 comments:

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Ooh! I love it!

Fallon said...

So cute and a very good replica! You really should open an Etsy shop cause your too talented not to :)