Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Getting Creative with Cookie Cutters

When I create my secret recipe fake cookies, it's a lot like the real deal, real cookie cutters are used and each cookie is lovingly handmade one at a time.

I don't have very many Thanksgiving themed cookie cutters and I didn't like many that I found while shopping about, so what's a girl to do? 

I then came across Sweet Sugar Belle via Pinterest
This girl is amazing! Following that link you can see how many uses she shows for a simple pumpkin cookie cutter! She inspired me to pull out my cutters and try looking at them in a different creative light. I then traced around their shapes onto paper and started brainstorming!

Using a cupcake cookie cutter set I had, a bunny head and my trademark large snowman, I came up with some pretty cool pilgrim shapes, if I do say so myself! :0)

I am partial to the Indian part of Pilgrim and Indians for Thanksgiving, they are close to my heart.
Using a cupcake shape and a bunny head cutter I came up with two cool designs!

I kept on diggin in my stash and came up with a few more designs:
These are done using a Halloween tombstone shaped cutter, another bunny head and a large gingerbread boy cutter.


Sophie helped me bake up a batch of these Thanksgiving faux cookies and I can't wait to start painting them! I will share photos of how they came out soon!

Thanks for spending some time with me today and I hope your inspired to look at things in a different and creative way too!

-Debra Lea

No comments: